Some people have asked me "What about the new Maxl Outline Extractor?" That is a good question, but keep in mind it only works with 11.1.2.x and higher plus it gives you an XML output. You still have to do something with the XML format for it to be useful.
The Next Generation Essbase Outline Extractor was completely redesigned from scratch. The main design goals were:
- Design for long term
- Use Oracle’s strategic technology
- Design for supportability
- Wider adoption
- Wider platform choices
- Less support calls
The new Outline Extractor also supports a number of features. Many of these features are ne:
- Export one or more dimensions in an outline.
- Filter members to to be exported by dimension.
- Write to multiple outputs on a single pass of the outline.
- Output multiple alias tables into a single output file.
- Write to Hyperion Planning Outline Load Utility format.
- Output to real relational databases via JDBC.
The extractor was also designed to be run by a batch process using Java properties files. The properties files can be written from the GUI interface and directly executed from the GUI. There is even built-in functionality that optionally encrypts the username and password on first usage.
Here are a few screenshots of the new extractor. The first screenshot shows the GUI screen where you can select one or more writers for output.
The second screenshot shows the option screen showing the options for the Load File Text Writer.
The final screenshot shows the execution screen.
The Next Generation Outline Extractor is available on our website at www.appliedolap.com. If you have any questions on the new extractor, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.