- There are known issues with the install but many of them are documented in either the epm_1112000_readme.pdf or in the readmes for the individual products.
- Release 11.1.2 really is for new installs only and there are no provisions for upgrade or migration from any previous version. Upgrade and migration capabilities are planned for a point release later in the year.
- Essbase 11.1.2 is not compatible with any other version. While it will be tempting to use the new separate installer for the Excel Add-In with previous versions of Essbase, there's no guarantee it will work. The contact continued to say it should as there haven't been any new features in the Add-In for a while now, but it would definitely create an officially unsupported environment.
- There are service packs in the works for the 9.3.1.x and 126.96.36.199.x codelines to add a stand-alone Add-In installers.
- As widely reported in other Hyperion blogs, Release 11.1.2 introduces support for Internet Explorer 8.
- Not all the products shipped with EPM 11.1.2. There is no 11.1.2 version of Essbase Analytics Link for HFM (formerly HyperRoll), and Data Integration Management 188.8.131.52 is certified to run with EPM 11.1.2.
Of course, as I learn more that I can share with you, I will post it here.