Monday, January 2, 2017

Essbase Cloud Service Webcast Available Online

Essbase Cloud Service is coming soon and, if you haven't had a chance to learn about it, here is how you can learn about it at your leisure. Oracle had a public webcast about two weeks ago and have made both the webcast and the slides available; you must have an Oracle login to see it. Here is the link to the EssCS webcast:

EssCS Webcast

And here is a link to the slides:

EssCS Webcast Slides

Essbase Cloud Service has some exciting new functionality that you should check out, even if you plan to keep your Essbase installations on-premise.  Over time, I would expect that most, if not all, of the innovations you see will be released in the on-premise version of Essbase.  If I were a betting man, I would guess the timing to be likely near the end of 2017 with the lrelease of "EPM 2017", which is the code name for the next major on-premise release,

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Marc Feber said...

Thanks for sharing the info. Tim

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is so limited. I'm concerned On Prem will be neglected just like Planning. Honestly time to look at other companies besides Oracle.

Tim Tow said...

Essbase Cloud Service will, in my opinion, bring some nice things to the on-prem product. Further, I see Essbase usage a bit different than Planning usage in that Essbase has a much wider array of functionalities used by companies. I see some opportunities for some companies to go the EssCS, but I see many others staying on-prem for a variety of reasons.

Further, I also see, at some point in the future, Oracle Sales shifting their emphasis back from the 'Oracle is the Cloud and the Cloud is Oracle' strategy to an 'Oracle Everywhere' strategy. In other words, these things tend to ebb-and-flow.

Tim